First Matrix submission! (courtesy of Richie G.)
A. Spend time practicing muscle ups. Make a few attempts, regardless of how far off you may be.
B. Hang Power Clean – Heavy double
3 rounds for time:
50 Air Squats
7 Muscle Ups
10 Hang Power Cleans @135/95#
*10 minute Cap
** Yes, this is the third day in a row we’ve programmed a workout with a heavy barbell movement. If you’re feeling wrecked , you’re either not scaling properly, or not resting enough.
***Vanity submissions are awesome. Keep it up people. So far , without giving away any names, “The Faucet” is in the lead.
Again, if you’re looking to earn some Greenpoints, snap a photo of your best vanity pose and send it to us.
If you’ve been visting the site regularly you should have noticed by now, the little plug-in on the left hand side of the website. This is WodHopper. WodHopper provides both a mobile and web component that allows you to RSVP to classes, check the daily leader board, as well as track and manage your benchmarks. It also comes with a nifty strength calculator.
A. Practice handstands, wall walks & wall runs.
Accumulate a total time of 3-5 minutes upside down.
B. Max distance handstand walks – 3 attempts.
C. Max distance broad jump – 3 attempts.
D. 15 min AMRAP of:
5 x 135lb / 95lb Thrusters
10 x 30″ / 24″ Box Jumps
20 x Knees to Elbows
The weight for the thrusters is meant to be heavy, scale accordingly.
* Greenpoints awarded for hitting the WOD in a full costume. (photo required)
A. Mobility – calves and ankles
B. Snatch – 3RM – Take the time to reset. Focus on catching the weight low and staying on your heels.
Snatch (Squat) 135/95# x 5 reps
Again, focus on speed and depth. If you cannot catch the weight low, with a steady overhead position, lower the weight.
*At home workout for those of you stuck because of the storm
AMRAP 5 minutes – Pushups
rest 3 minutes
AMRAP 5 minutes – Squats
rest 3 minutes
AMRAP 5 minutes – Situps
If you’re feeling spicy, perform this triplet twice.
First and foremost, I hope everyone is safe. I know some of you stubborn folks may not have evacuated your homes, and while I can’t say it was the most intelligent decision, I certainly cannot blame you for not wanting to leave. Home is home.
It’s pretty crazy out there, and hopefully this storm will pass soon without too much damage.
That being said, I just wanted to give you some updates on our progress.
1. We are announcing our pricing/membership details in a day or two. We keep things simple, and like we mentioned before, there won’t be any contracts. Signing up will be quick and easy.
2. We have some awesome equipment enroute, and everything should be setup by the end of next week. This includes platforms with our beautiful logo on them and top of the line weightlifting equipment. If you’ve never experienced an Eleiko bar, you’re going to fall in love.
3. We will have an All-Girls class geared towards the ladies, obviously. It will be offered once a week for now, but if there is significant interest, we shall bump up the availability.
4. Starting Now, we are offering our first Greenpoint Challenge. It’s simple really. Come up with your best “Vanity” pose (think bodybuilding) and send the picture to us. We will pick the person with the best pose, and you shall be awarded Greenpoints. We plan on offering a weekly challenge, and after four challenges, whoever has the most Greenpoints earned, shall be given a prize.
See you soon!
A. High Bar Back Squat – Find 3 RM
B. In honor of those hunkered down in Zone A – “Row Your Boat”
10 x 1 minute rounds of max effort row w/ increasing damper
Rest 1 minute between rounds.
Round 1, damper @ 1
Round 2, damper @ 2
Round 3, damper @ 3
Round 10, damper @ 10
Score is total calories rowed.
C. Cool down – static stretching
It’s always a pleasure to be able to take the skills and strength you’ve acquired over the course of your training and apply it in your day to day life. Some of you may have found that you’re new found fitness has helped you lift things up, run faster, or even sleep better.
I suppose what i’m getting at , is, what are some things that training has helped you with? We’re curious to know what you’re able to do now, or again, that you couldn’t do previously.
Here’s one of our new coaches (soon to be announced) as a Unicorn, in a Unitard, riding a Unicycle.
Remember folks, we encourage meat eating. Dinosaurs included.
Happy Halloween and stuff
A. Eat candy
B. Sugar Coma
C. For time:
Run 2 miles
300 Air Squats
Partition the work load anyway you want. I encourage you to get outside and do this workout somewhere other than the gym. All you need is a park with a pull-up bar.
D. Dress like a hooker